Hire / Position:
Accountant & Bookkeeper / Financial Wizard
From Molly With Love is a clean beauty brand that produces skincare products for radical self-care. We are changing the relationship womxn have with themselves. We do this by resisting the Beauty Industrial Complex, creating high-performing skincare products with 100% all-natural ingredients, and reframing how we think about self-care.
We’re growing fast, scaling our business, and seeking investment capital. So that means we need someone to help us with the numbers.
Scope of Work:
We need an awesome accountant and/or bookkeeper to join the team.
Roles & Responsibilities
The accountant will assist with business projection and strategy. From Molly With Love has grown 600% in a year — and we need an accountant to assist with high level accounting and financial analysis. We need someone who can crunch the numbers, like:
- Preparing our balance sheet and P&L monthly & quarterly
- End of year financial analysis
- 3 year financial & growth projections
- Find all of our key financial data/metrics that we would need to present to an investor, like CAC and CLV, etc.
- Help the CEO strategize and forecast business needs.
- In collaboration with the CEO: create and enforce a budget to better manage cash flow
- Help us reduce CoGs and refine our pricing for optimal profit, especially as we on onboard a manufacturer and logistics company to scale our business.
- Help us transition from Freshbooks to Xero or Quickbooks.
Hours Per Month:
Honestly, we’re not sure how many hours a month this role will need. Hiring a financial person is new to us; we may need the applicants to guide us here.
Our best guess is that this role may require 20 – 25 hours a month.
We’re looking for a self-starter; someone who be both strategic and tactical. This person should be a natural-born problem solver who uses critical thinking skills to quickly identify any issues and fix them immediately.
The ideal candidate would have 2 – 5 years experience as a number cruncher. They would have a proven track record of helping small businesses scale through massive growth.
We’re also looking for someone that is passionate about our mission You can find out more about that here; but we’re an intersectional feminist brand with a bold message. We believe in disrupting current patriarchal standards of beauty. We believe that self-care is a radically feminist act. And we believe that the products we use to pamper us (bc pampering is OH SO IMPORTANT) should be clean and healthy to use. If any of that seems weird to you, you’re probably not a fit for us.
January 1, 2018
Interested? Here’s What To Do Now:
- Apply here before December 18, 2017
- If short-listed, we’ll be in touch and may invite you to an interview via Skype
- If successful, we will aim for a start date of January 1, 2018
Application Deadline: December 18.