Full Moon October 2018
The Full Moon on Wednesday, October 24, 2018 falls at 1° Taurus at 9:45 am PT.
The full moon happens when the moon directly opposes the sun. Just as the New Moon is the beginning of a new lunar cycle, the full moon is the crescendo. Many of us have heard urban legends of increases in police activity and Emergency Rooms filling up around the full moon. The time around a full moon can be *intense* to say the least.
The full moon is a great time to shed layers, to undo what needs undoing, and to release what no longer serves us.
The October 2018 Full Moon is known as the Hunter’s Moon (cool name, amirite?) and “marks the height of our autumnal bounty before the scarcity of winter sets in.”
Full Moon in Taurus, Sun in Scorpio
Taurus is the perfect sign for an autumnal harvest. It’s a sign that loves beauty and bounty. Taurus reminds me of the Queen of Pentacles card in the Tarot. The Queen of Pentacles is sitting in her lush, abundant garden like the quintessential Earth Mother. For some reason, she reminds me of Beyonce.
However, “letting go” and “releasing” aren’t really one of Taurus’ strong suits, so this one should be interesting. Taurus isn’t known for digging beneath the surface. It likes what it can see (and what it sees needs to be beautiful, darling!). It also prefers comfort and coziness over anything that may stretch us.
Since Taurus is associated with bounty and abundance and the Full Moon is all about “letting go,” are there physical objects in your life weighing you down? Is there anything earthly or material that you need to let go of in order to make way for something better?
Right now, the sun is in Scorpio, which opposes the full moon. And Scorpio has no problem showing us what needs to be excavated from our lives. This little boost may help you dig into the parts that Taurus doesn’t like to see in order to release what doesn’t serve us.
A strength that Taurus lends to us during this time is patience, diligence, perseverance and practicality.
Full Moon: Wednesday, October 24, 2018 – 1° Taurus at 9:45 am PT
This full moon is conjunct Uranus. This can bring an a little change, excitement and uncertainty for the two weeks to come under this lunar cycle.
Full Moon in Taurus 2018 Ritual
To harness the energies of this Full Moon, you could perform a little ritual or ceremony. Here’s one we suggest:
1. Set up an altar space. If you don’t have one, you could use an empty table. On that altar, gather your accoutrements. We recommend including crystals. Choose whatever speaks to you. We of course recommend including our White Sage Smudge Spray and/or smudge bundle to clear the energy of the space. Candles are nice to include, but aren’t 100% necessary. Make sure you have a notebook and pen at hand. And add anything else that speaks to you or that symbolizes something you want to call into your life.
BONUS POINTS if you actually do this under the Full Moon.
2. First, play some soothing meditation music or whatever you’d like to listen to in the background (for some, that may be silence).
3. Next, clear the energy of your space by spritzing the White Sage Smudge Spray twice (or lighting a sage bundle) and thinking in your mind, “I am cleansing old and stagnant energy in this space, so fresh and new energies can emerge.”
4. If you have candles, go ahead and light them. Then make an intention in your mind to send healing & loving energy to both the candles and crystals.
5. Sit in silence for a few moments. I like to meditate for 5 – 10 minutes here, just to make sure I am grounded.
6. Now it’s writing time! At the top of your page write something like “I release from my life….” and then list all the things you’d like to release under this Full Moon cycle. Make these things realistic and achievable. What can you realistically give up in the next two weeks. Perhaps you give up saying “yes” to every request that comes your way. Or you want to release a bad habit like smoking or unhealthy eating. You’ll know what feels right as you’re writing.
Upon completion of your list, recite the following: “Thank you for these blessings now and in the future. LET IT BE SO!“
6. Take your note sheets, fold them up, place them under your crystals on your altar or somewhere special and revisit them at the next Full Moon.